Parsons Plumbing & Heating Co. Ltd. is a full mechanical service company based out of Winnipeg that has been providing residential and commercial service for plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical for over 90 years. We are always on the lookout for trained and skilled tradesmen. We offer competitive wages based on experience and skill, benefit packages, an RRSP program and more. If you are looking for an opportunity with an established company, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
The Role: Office Assistant
Some of your daily duties will include:
- Act as the main point of contact, answer the phone line and greet guests
- Handle basic inquiries regarding service calls, taking payments, and respond to emails
- Clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, filing, and mailing
- Maintaining various databases and updating office information
- Basic bookkeeping
- Troubleshooting basic IT issues
- Provides support to the President and Managers
- Prepares meeting rooms with coffee etc. when required; occasionally involves ordering lunch etc
- Ensures timely flow of information to internal and external clients
- Develops and carries out an efficient documentation and filing system while keeping information confidential
- Other duties as determined to help maximize efficient use of department and/or management’s time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of three years of administrative/executive assistant/office management experience
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment.
- Professional, friendly and detail oriented
- A customer-focused approach with the ability to build relationships
- Must possess exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads.
- Must be proficient with all software programs/products utilized in the performance of duties; demonstrate a high level of competence in Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with QuickBooks.
- High level verbal and written communication skills; must be proficient in English
*Competitive wages based on experience and skill
*Benefits Package available after a 3 month probation period